Sunday 12 February 2012

One step forward and two back, it like that sometimes

Hi everyone,
Sorry for not posting for a while. I have been stitching quite a lot but most of it is for classes or submissions for classes and so I haven't been able to share photos with you. I am hoping to take up and continue with my canvaswork piece Eureka very soon so I will post a photo as soon as possible.


Altengamme is patiently waiting for some attention also and the guilt is gnawing away. 


Isn't it wonderful how stitching never complains when you leave it alone in a dark corner for weeks on end and then drag it out into the light and stitch 3 whole stitches on it and then return it to the dark. Thank goodness, if my stitching pieces could talk to each other they would probably call strike action and march up and down the street in front of my house with banners saying "We demand better treatment for linen,canvas and threads". Ah oh the cat has just given me that look, you know the one that says "she's losing the plot again". Let us just chalk this up to stitching in excess and too many late nights.


Our Embroiderer's Guild is going to hold the bi-annual Members Exhibition in March. All members are asked to submit embroidered pieces for display. The theme this year is Medieval so this should be a very colourful display. If your are in South Australia it will be at Hughes Street, Mile End the opening will be the 1st March 2012, we would love to see you. I will be demonstrating stitching on Thursday nights during the evenings starting at 4.00pm so come and have a chat.


I promise more news and photos soon. Happy stitching to you all,
Bye for now, Carol

1 comment:

  1. A medieval theme is a good choice. So wish I could see it, hopefully you will post lots of photos.

    Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete