Thursday 26 January 2012

European BAP in the making

Hi everyone,
The 26th January in Australia is a public holiday commemorating European settlement of Australia.
The girls and I celebrated by having a stitching day at my house. Because being a hostess is not my greatest talent ( I tend to not sit still for long) I dragged out a BAP that has been hiding in the cupboard waiting to be finished for a little time (don't tell anyone it has been on the go for nearly 3 years). So I thought I would 'fess up and post a photo to keep me on track because it is another 3/4 finish. Only another 1/4 to go and how hard could that be?


Introducting ta da,  drum roll please..... "Altengamme" by Stickideen von der Wiehenburg




She is a big project the design size is 21" X 21" or 54cm X 54cm on 28 count Antique White linen.
I bought this chart through a website/company called European XS who stock lots of beautiful European designs and the Chatelaine series by Martina Weber. 


Here a couple of close ups of the motifs.






The colours I used are DMC Black 310 and DMC Red 814. The pattern doesn't give linen or colour choices but leaves that up to the stitcher. So if red and black aren't your colours maybe a green or blue mix would work for you. What do you think?


The post arrived with my Colour Collection of the Month from Homestead Needlearts, January is snow white shades. Some really pretty shiny threads and 3 a haven't seen before. Here is the photo for you to see.




Don't they make you wish it was Winter in Australia? The shiny holographic thread woven into the threads don't show to well, but they are there. Trust me.


I had a request to advise where I bought my The Sweetheart Tree chart/kit. I came across a great website that offers discounted linen charts and other crafts called 123stitch in USA they are very prompt and the articles are always well packed. Also The Sweetheart Tree has their own website and they have a list of vendors that may offer a LNS closer to where you live. Hope this helps.


Well I think that is enough of my ramblings. Happy stitching. I am off to read what you are all up to.


Bye for now, Carol

2 comments:

  1. You have done so much work on her it would be a shame not to finish, frame and display it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful sampler! I wish you good luck in finishing it (and soon too :) ) - may be it's time has come?

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete