Thursday 19 January 2012

Stitch faster Carol its nearly February

Hi everyone,
I am so amazed at all the beautiful stitching that has been achieved already in 2012 by all of you busy stitchers out there. Methinks I will have to “roll up my sleeves” and move into action or get left behind.
My first teaching class at Country Bumpkin (a LNS in Adelaide, South Australia) is scheduled for March. It is a small blackwork piece I designed and stitched a couple of years ago.
Here is a photo of the little pin pillow.
Copyright Carol J Young Designs

This week it was a girls stash-day out. We started off with lunch, very civilized and moved on to a lovely quilt shop called Patchwork by Sea. I picked up some lovely quilt fabric by Moda, the series is called French General and the antiqued colours with a very French influence are just yummy. Aren’t they beautiful and there is another new range of these colours due in soon. They work really well with Natural shades of linen.

On the stitching front there is a little more of Eureka and a very little more of Lavender Fields.



I have been busy constructing and making notes on some other projects so I hope I am forgiven for my dismal progress. My very patient friend Christine luckily helps me out of my construction dilemmas as they happen. Carol and sharp needles are not a good combination. I have stitched my left thumb knuckle several times while hemming. I did find some new needles which don’t hurt as much if you do stick your fingers. They are Clover, Black/Gold Needles No.9 applique/sharps. The eye is gold and the main part of the needle is black plated and has invisible grooves that help the needle slide through material (or fingers) easier. They do work and there are 6 to a package.
Well that’s a little of what is happening in my part of the world, I am off to read about all your triumphs and treasures. Happy stitching.
Bye for now, Carol

1 comment:

  1. I love ur Sweet Tree, havent been able to find pattern here in US. May I ask where u found it?
    Txs.

    ReplyDelete