Tuesday 30 July 2013

Goodies from the Craft Show

Hi everyone,

Our girls day out at the Stitching and Handcraft Show was fun. Not as much hand sewing items for sale as I would have liked but I did manage to snaffle some lovely evenweave and overdyed threads.
Overdyed 32count evenweave by Sewitall
Threads by Country Cottage Threads, Threadworx and Thread Studio
overdyed cotton fabric by EGSA

This year the Thread studio from Western Australia had a stall. This is where a bought most of this lovely thread. The Cottage Garden threads on the left come in a beautiful range of colours with very Australian sounding names. This little collection of blues are to complete a whole in my collection of their colours. Blue is not a colour I usually buy so now the space has been filled nicely.
This week the post delivered some little pincushion charts by Periwinkle Promises. I found out about these little treasures from Just Carol's blog (from my bloglist). As these are all older charts I tracked down the designer Barbara Rakosnik and asked if she still had them for sale. The answer was yes and as long as she has access to the materials all of her charts are still available. There are lots and lots of delicately patterned pieces to chose from. I challenge you to chose just one. 
Here is the two I have managed to stitch this week.
Periwinkle Promises charts by Barbara Rakosnik
stitched with enclosed silk
changed out fabric from 28count to 35/36 Count Linen
These two are Mexico and Italy from the Country Accents sets. I love the little tassels and the finished design size on 36 count (Italy) is about 3 x 3.5". Really nice pieces for gift giving.

Not much progress on the counted canvas pieces as I have injured my right hand thumb pulling the thread through the canvas for way too many hours. 
Note to self: I must learn moderation....quickly and pace my stitching time.

Bye for now, Enjoy your stitching time, Carol


1 comment: