Wednesday 17 July 2013

Where have I been?...............

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since we chatted. There is no hidden mystery to my absence, just that I needed a little break and time to catch up on some class pieces and a sampler for a Guild project. 
Here is my latest class piece, which will be in September 2013
Needlework Accessories Class coming up in Sept 2013
at EGSA, South Australia
Copyright Carol J Young Designs


It seems the stitching brain switched to canvas pieces for some light relief. You can only do so much one over one cross stitch before your eyes become permanently crossed and your fingers cramp into twisted stumps. So I pulled out a couple of pieces I bought last year in USA. One is Seasons by Amybear Needlepoints and the other is Rio by Needle Delights. Both of these are quite different colourwise and because there is a lot of satin stitch they have grown quite quickly.

Seasons by Amybear
18 Count eggshell canvas using
Watercolors threads, original colours
The colours on this piece are much brighter in person. The chart did offer several other colourways but as I was quickly shopping at the time I fronted up to the LNS and said please kit it up as is. So this is a really different palette which is always a good thing and got me  out of my colour rut of purple/green.

Now Rio is another story altogether. Bright, bright and bright. Beautiful clear shadow dyed Threadworx silks. Yummmm.

Rio by Needle Delights
18 count canvas, original colours



Rio is only a small piece so it has become my travelling project. It comes and goes to Guild meeting days. 

Tomorrow is Friday 19th here and there is a Stitching and Craft Show over this weekend. So the girls and I are off to see what treasures we can find to bring home. Hopefully I will have some stash to share next time we chat.

May I welcome my new followers and thankyou for all your kind words about my work. I love to share and always enjoy reading and seeing all of your own wonderful creations through your blogs.

Happy stitching, bye for now, Carol








1 comment: