Sunday 25 March 2012

A near finish

Hi everyone,
During the Guild exhibition I needed something small and portable so I stitched on a small canvas piece "Scheherazade" by Michael Boren. It is stitched on 8x10 stretcher bars so it fitted into my stitching basket easily and clamped to the table with my Lowrey table clamp. There is only the background to fill in with 4 way continental using Waterlillies Royal Jewels silk to complete this piece.
Royal Jewels by Caron has been a long time favourite overdye so it was great to be able to use this thread especially on black.
Scheherazade by Michael Boren
Copyright 2003

In the postbox this week was the Colour of the Month threads from Homestead Needlearts. I realised I hadn't posted last months either so here is February Pinks and March Yellow/Greens. Aren't they yummy lots of soft interesting threads to play with.


Still working on FMTM but I have slowed down now as to not get to far ahead with the class. My threads for Moorish Splendor cyberclass by Jane Zimmerman should arrive soon from Needle in a Haystack in California, although the class has started I am hoping to catch up with the class soon.

In closing here is a photo of my special furry friend, Baxter. The cuddliest cat I have ever met.
Happy stitching, bye for now, Carol






1 comment: