Monday 19 March 2012

First block FMTM complete

Hi everyone,
Finally finished the first block on FMTM. I added some blue/fushia pink metallic as a hi-light. I just love bling so there will be a little bit added to each  block.
Sorry about the dismal photo it was taken indoors near my front window. We have workmen laying a new walking path in our back garden today so photographing outside wasn't an option. You can just see the start of the second block. This one is stitched with the main colour as green. I have decided to alternate the colours throughout the project and then bring them together with the sashing and border.


I found a wonderful new blog by Joni Stevenson called Creative Stitch, it has been added to my bloglist do take a look. Joni is a very experienced stitcher, teacher, judge and is discussing lots of ways to improve your stitching technique. Welcome Joni and thanks for sharing such interesting ideas.


On a sadder note, please drop by Ro Pace's blog to give your warmth and  heartfelt commiserations on the loss of her husband very recently. We are thinking of you Ro.


Happy stitching, bye for now, Carol

3 comments:

  1. This piece somewhat reminds me of Stars of the Millenium by Tony Minieri. He is an expert teacher here in US and travels throughout the country giving classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty splendid looking! i am going to love watching this come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I love the bling! I'm a bling person too & will probably be adding some to each of my blocks!

    ReplyDelete