Sunday 11 December 2011

Saturday stitching with Lemon tartlets

Hi everyone,
Saturday was a great stitching day. I sat outside with friends, enjoying the good weather and the birds visiting the garden. There is something about stitching in the daylight outdoors that makes it a little magical. Good company, lemon tartlets and home made biscuits probably added to the magic quite a lot. If you are in a stitching slump may I suggest a day outdoors may just be the tonic needed. Though many of you in the Northern Hemisphere are in the middle of very icy weather I don't suggest you try it just yet. I will stitch a few stitches for you.


Here is a little more of Emerald, sorry I had the last photo round the wrong way, lets just call it a Seniors moment and move on.

Down to the last 2 rows now. The beautiful shades of green really do not show up in the photo as luscious as they actually are. There are some bigger squares so this should fill in the remainder quite quickly.


Saturday I also worked on some more linen pieces using 35/36 count linens.
Here's a photo of the workings so far.


Copyright, Carol J Young Designs
These were stitched with a variety of threads from my thread collection, all overdyes. Not sure how they will be finished yet. I just need to work out more details before I decide.


Happy stitching, bye for now, Carol

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work, Carol. I don't do much counted canvaswork (I can't count to ten easily) but I do love seeing yours. The green piece is beautiful and the new overdyed flower snowflakes are very pretty. I bet you see flowers when you look at them because it is summer for you while I see snowflakes because it is below freezing here! Doesn't matter, though. It's just a pretty pattern. Stitch faster, I want to see these finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carol I came across your blog and am enchanted by your work. I am looking forward to following your posts and stitching projects.

    ReplyDelete