Thursday 19 July 2012

Busy week with a little stitching

Hi everyone,
This week has been quite busy but I have managed to stitch a little, mainly in the evenings while watching the Tour de France and because it doesn't finish sometimes until 1.00am in the morning on Australian TV bleary eyed next day syndrome has been the result. Here is the progress on Quaker Ball.
Quaker Ball, Amaryllis Artworks
The large octagons and medium hexagons are finished so I have only the small squares to finish before the construction starts. Then the fun will start, the girls at the Guild are very interested to see how I cope with this part. The instructions are very good with clear and simply laid out notes so it should go smoothly. Definitely not something to by started on a day when I have been watching the race till all hours.


Thursday night is Guild stitching, so I get to see what everyone is working on. Lots of variety at our Guild, even one member unknitting a beautiful pair of socks for her Mum that had turned out a little tight around the ankle. That is what is so great about group stitching. You can sit and chat and do the things that you put off at home, like unstitching and you don't even notice the time ticking away. Lis was stitching on a Jan Houtman sampler using Waterlillies in colours of Mulberry and purples, a very large piece on 36count ivory linen but a real stunner. It was very interesting to see my friend Anne stitching on the pre-class work for Ro Pace's Atlantis Rising. The 2 colours of perle 12 that arrived with the canvas were really pretty and really remind you of deep ocean blues. This will be a stunning piece to work on, so looking forward to working it. My only concern is that my kit has not arrived yet and I only have until 20th August before I leave for conference. You say,"that's enough time", well its takes mail 2 weeks from USA to reach me so you can see how I am a little worried. I have emailed Ro but I am sure she is very busy at the moment and emails may not be her priority. I will have to be patient, it will all work out in the end.


There is a little more progress on FMTM a colour tryout of the 4th block. This one is a little dark so far but I will persist and see if it lightens a little with the addition of more shades.
FMTM,cyberclass from Scarlett Thread
by Pam Gardner
Happy stitching, bye for now, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment