Wednesday 13 July 2011

Christmas in July, for me anyhow

Yipee the postman came to call today bearing gifts of great joy. In the parcel is a needlepoint chart which uses Watercolours and 3 Perle which means no laying involved, Yahooey. One handed stitching here I come.

The chart is "Galaxy" by Kathy Rees of Needle Delights Originals, www.needledelights.com

I have always loved the combination of green and purple, so I asked Kathy to kit the chart using Watercolours Eggplant and Slate and to add the threads to match these 2 colours. She did a great job and I will really enjoy stitching this one, not only because I am happy to be doing canvaswork again but the colours really sing to me.

Here is the chart.


And here is my chosen colourway, (Eggplant and Slate)



Aren't the colours great... Its quite a large project being stitched on 22 x 16 stretcher bars but with my trusty 'gazelle' floor stand helping out we will manage. I will keep you posted about progress on this one very soon. There were a few other goodies in the parcel, but that is a whole other story we will talk about later.

Happy stitching, bye for now Carol



1 comment:

  1. Ooh, i love those colors! This chart is on my wish list. Cannot wait to see a WIP!

    ReplyDelete